Car rental on Lefkas
Lefkada there are several options for renting a car. When you arrive at the airport of Preveza you can choose from the following rental companies:
- Auto Europe represents various international car rental companies and automatically finds the best offer in a given period. Some landlords offer their cars from the location of the Aktion airport near Preveza. There are also regular promotional offers.
- Alex Carrental Vasiliki offers a personalized service. It is a sole proprietorship with Alex as owner and technical administrator. The customer is in the hands of Chris from the UK. Upon arrival at the airport of Preveza awaits one of the employees with an agreed mark. The car will be put into operation by signing a use agreement and there are road verzekering.Indien unexpected problems with the car, Alex will adequately provide for replacement or repair of the auto.De rent is relatively low and includes service, insurance, transfer to and from the airport, free of kilometers. They also provide direct delivery to Villa Sophia possibly not store baggage by the long-term relationship is the payment of a deposit and an extensive inventory usually not necessary. The payment of rent by tenants met the day before the trip at the office of Alex in Vasiliki. This is a 10 minute drive from Villa Sophia.De car comes with little fuel. There could possibly be refueled just outside the grounds of the luchthaven.Alex is also the address to quickly and easily create a scooter or motorcycle huren.
Locatie vliegveld Preveza
Onderweg naar Villa Sophia
From the airport to Villa Sophia
Once at the airport can be picked up directly outside the terminal any car. The distance from Preveza to Villa Sophia is about 50 km. The car journey time is 1 hour. The average speed is low and there are never any traffic jams. From Preveza airport you can reach the island on the north side, where the main town of Lefkada (Lefkas town) is. It is hunted like a real big city. The east side of island offers a route to the south through picturesque zeedorpjes with many cozy fish taverns. The tourist Nidri has a real boulevard with many restaurants, cafes and a busy shopping street.
On the south side of the island are a few natural harbors (bays) of Poros, Amouso Sivota and Vassiliki. The latter is a paradise for windsurfers.
Villa Sophia is on the south side of the island near the village of Sivota that arises from the higher island route as a “hot bath”.
In Sivota Bay are on the right and left several traditional Greek restaurants, which evening room offer especially visiting sailors. Sivota is included in the series of Flotilla harbors and from late afternoon a parade for the best fish taverns of the island. At the edge of the water, enjoy the charcoal grilled fish, which you yourself have chosen in the kitchen with the cook.
On the hilly foothills of the bay are some occasional luxury houses. 200 meters before reaching the bay climbs on the right path between the houses. Gradually the number of houses decreases and the rest, and unfolds after 500m there is a magnificent spectacle of water, islands and vistas. It is not an exception to the game of dolphins here to observe to beat. After approximately 1500 meters is almost at the end of this headland on the left Villa Sophia hidden behind a 130 m long stone wall.
Route from the airport to Villa Sophia
When abandoned the airport, turn right
- Route tracking (straight) to Agios Nikolaos, then turn right at fork.
- Follow Lefkada (about 10 km)
- Access to the island via pontoon bridge (ribbed surface)
- Turn left, then about 2 km to bridge Lefkada
- Cross the bridge and immediately turn left along the harbor
- After about 1,000m roundabout, turn left, follow the sign Nidri
- Through new road construction (ca.500m), rear right and follow to T, then left.
- Direction Nidri through villages Ligia- Nikiana (no turns, follow route)
- Just before turning right Nidri Vassiliki – Regional Road
- 4 km until T, then right (currently about 15 km to Sivota)
- Route to follow along the water through Vlicho and follow signs for Vassiliki
- After Vlicho the hills through tortuous path
- Pass exit Katochori and Mikros Gialos / Poros
- After about 3 km fork, follow Vassiliki
- After a few kilometers on the left side view of Sivota Bay.
- Note: turn sharp left to Sivota.
- Descent of about 2 km
- 150 m before reaching bay of Sivota right, up in the asphalt. (Blue sign Villa Sophia)
- After about 1,000m is asphalt hard kleipad
- After about 1,000m through kleipad left at fork down. Behind long wall left Villa Sophia
- First house on left Villa Sophia